"We have a secret in our culture, and it's not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong." - Laura Stavoe Harm

Friday, August 26, 2011

No Clients

After having had several clients this year, it feels odd to have no more lined up. I will find other things to fill my time though I'm sure! I had handed over running the Choices for Birth group to my friend Jacqui, but she's moving so I'm taking the group back. I really want to publicise that more, any suggestions or help welcome with that. Our next meeting will be Wednesday 14th September at Aberdeen Maternity Hospital.

Later this month I'll be doing a one day doula course, which I can't wait to do. There's always something so great about being with likeminded women! You know they understand your passion for birth. The course is in London, so I'm very grateful for cheap flights that enable me to be there and back in the same day. Once I've done that, I should be able to start my volunteer shifts at the maternity hospital.

I'd like to do an article next time about ways that you can help your doula to help you, if that makes sense. I think it'll work.

No comments:

Post a Comment