"We have a secret in our culture, and it's not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong." - Laura Stavoe Harm

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Trickle of Water

I've been pondering lately my client 'schedule'. I glanced through my blog and noted a post I wrote saying that I had no more clients lined up. I wrote that post in August. By October I had another client scheduled. Sadly I missed her birth though. At the moment I have 2 births 'on the books', one for April and one for September. I also have another potential client lined up for September. Although I love what I do, and could happily do it once a week, this slow and steady trickle of clients has really worked out beautifully for me. I don't really search out clients, they seem to find me through various methods. I love the relationship I have with my past clients, if I bump into them somewhere I immediately get a hug and an update on the baby!

I suppose I'm lucky in that I have the luxury of not needing an income. If I did, maybe I would have to market my services more or have to take a 'real' job? But at the moment things just always seem to work themselves out perfectly. A steady trickle suits me fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment